We're a big campus -- Big 10, to be exact -- with more than $640 million spent on research and development in a typical year. We have 15 schools and colleges, including our internationally known Grainger College of Engineering, where Illinois Computer Science resides. This substantial breadth offers many opportunities for CS graduate students to conduct collaborative groundbreaking research that can not only impact computing, but medicine, business, the arts, media, or whatever defines your research and passion. Together, we can do the impossible every day.
Graduate Recruitment Fairs
Representatives from Illinois Computer Science and The Grainger College of Engineering regularly attend annual conferences and graduate college fairs. Please be sure to stop by and visit with us to learn more about graduate programs at Illinois.
- March 25-29, 2020 (San Antonio, TX): National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) Conference
- September 16-19, 2020 (Dallas, TX): ACM Richard Tapia Celebration of Diversity in Computing Conference
- September 29-October 2, 2020 (Orlando, FL): Grace Hopper Celebration
- October 4-5, 2020 (West Lafayette, IN): Big 10 Grad Expo
- October 28-November 1, 2020 (Denver, CO): Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) Conference
- November 5-7, 2020 (New Orleans, LA): Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Conference
Graduate Computer Science
The graduate program in Computer Science is ranked 5th in Best Computer Sciences Schools issue of U.S. News and World Report (last ranked in 2018).
The graduate engineering program at Illinois ranked 10th overall in the Best Graduate Schools issue of U.S. News and World Report (published in March 2020). The list provided here includes all ranked graduate engineering science specialties in The Grainger College of Engineering.