The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program from the Grainger College of Engineering at the University of Illinois is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org, which reviews college and university programs in the discipline of computing, to provide assurance that quality standards are being met. The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. For more on this topic, including a discussion of the benefits of accreditation, please see Accreditation Information.
Program Educational Objectives
Our Undergraduate Program Educational Objectives are to prepare graduates who readily obtain highly sought after positions in graduate schools and in all sectors of the economy impacted by computing, and who distinguish themselves through their leadership, and through their creative, high impact, and ethical applications of and contributions to computing.
Our Student Outcomes include the ability, by the time of graduation, to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
Above all, our students must possess the intellectual tools that will enable them to keep pace with the ever-changing world of Computer Science.
Our mission is to provide to each student the opportunity to succeed and thrive in our department, so that they may graduate with the knowledge and abilities listed above.
For more information on our student enrollment and graduation data, please see: https://cs.illinois.edu/about-us/statistics.