The Department of Computer Science (CS) at the Grainger College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Broadening Participation in Computing (BPC) Program Coordinator to develop and coordinate a portfolio of highly visible academic and research programs for current and prospective faculty and students, and external members of the academic and computing research community. These programs raise the visibility of the Department, facilitate recruitment and success of top students and faculty, and support the Department’s efforts to broaden participation in computing.
- Facilitate coordination of broadening participation in computing (BPC) activities for the Department. Serve as the primary coordinator and liaison for the BPC committee, liaising with relevant stakeholders, maintain an annual calendar of activities ensuring a comprehensive list of necessary planning target dates that are known to all key stakeholders. This may include maintaining timelines, managing communications, forecasting budgetary needs, planning staffing and participation needs, developing proposals for funding, and coordinating reporting.
- Under the direction of relevant stakeholders, help to establish, manage and maintain the logistics of programs, workshops, and conferences, such as CS STARS program, CS CARES Committee, summer research program, K-12 outreach activities, annual career development workshops. This involves working with campus partners and funding agencies in managing events from initial concept, soliciting participation, funding proposals, program creation, setting up application and registration systems, working with and/or creating promotional material and advertising, recruitment of participants, and registration logistics. Additionally, oversee travel, housing needs, catering, on-site coordination of daily event activities, and post-event assessment and reporting. Solicit faculty, student, and other participation as needed, and coordinate most other aspects of these events under the direction of stakeholders. Supervise graduate students and undergraduate student workers.
- Facilitate and support departmental internal and external constituent engagement activities. For example, student organization events and activities, Corporate Connections, partnership programs with other institutions, distinguished visitors, seminars and research workshops organized by Computer Science faculty. Duties may include scheduling, travel coordination, soliciting participation, catering and lodging, liaising with departmental stakeholders and sponsors as needed.
- Coordinate the presence of Computer Science at the top academic conferences. Duties may include registration, travel coordination for attendees, soliciting participation, booth and display needs, facilitating contract approvals and purchasing, liaising with departmental stakeholders, alumni and sponsors as needed.
- Assume additional appropriate related duties to further the mission of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of experience writing in a professional work environment.
- Demonstrated experience in events management and publicity.
- Experience with grant funding and proposal development, including the writing, managing, and reporting requirements.
- Experience with information gathering, managing data, tracking milestones, and preparing reports.
- Experience with organizational management tools to support program delivery, such as WebTools (calendar, Email+, Forms) and SiteManager (website management), or similar systems.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English for correspondence, communication, advertising, and other notices.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and ability to manage both individual and team deadlines on multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Ability to occasionally work a flexible schedule to accommodate significant events or deadlines.
Salary and Appointment Information:
This is a full-time Civil Service Program Coordinator position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the deadline. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Application Procedures & Deadline Information
Applications must be received by September 27, 2022. Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
Graduate Admissions Specialist
Department of Computer Science
The Grainger College of Engineering
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
The Department of Computer Science is accepting applications for the position of Graduate Admissions Specialist. This position will administer the admissions process for all graduate programs in the department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive, review and process applications to the CS graduate programs. Follow up with applicants on missing items and receipt of required documentation. Respond to inquiries from prospective students via email and other virtual communication methods such as periodic office hours. Communicate with the Graduate College to address applicant needs and process admissions.
- Organize, schedule and attend meetings pertaining to graduate admissions and initiatives. Maintain the departmental application databases with application status. Advise the admissions committee and other CS faculty to maintain accurate admissions policies that are consistent with University admissions requirements.
- Plan and organize recruiting events such as CS Visit Days and both internal and external informational events for prospective students, in collaboration with other graduate advising staff and faculty.
- Curate the admissions data for the graduate programs. Conduct periodic surveys of applicants, admitted students, and other stakeholders. Prepare reports on the graduate program, applications, and admissions for the Department, Grainger College of Engineering, and Graduate College. Support maintenance of the graduate program’s admissions pages on the website and assist with various publications providing admissions information for prospective students. Develop tools for scaling the admissions review process. Provide input for development of new admission procedures, policies, and practices when requested by senior management.
- Prepare various correspondence for newly admitted graduate students and follow up through matriculation. Assist with fellowship paperwork for submission to the Graduate College.
- Assume additional graduate programs duties as needed to further the mission of the department. May require some working evenings and weekends.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage diverse activities.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
▪ Master’s degree in higher education, communication, business, engineering or a related field.
▪ Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
▪ Experience with technical tools for managing data and preparing reports.
▪ Experience reviewing international student transcripts for engineering or related degrees.
▪ Experience with event planning.
▪ Bachelor’s degree.
▪ One year of professional experience with student admissions processes.
▪ Experience working independently, and as part of a team, while meeting multiple deadlines.
▪ Ability to work some evenings and weekends to meet the needs of the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
This is a 100% full-time Civil Service 5002 - Program Coordinator position, appointed on a 12-month basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after 9/11/2022. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Application Procedures & Deadline Information
Applications must be received by September 13, 2022. Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, please contact email@example.com. For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal, or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requisition ID: 1011262
Job Category: Administrative
Apply at: https://jobs.illinois.edu