For more information
- Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) ”For contributions to mobile data management” (2012).
- Fellow of The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) ”For his trailblazing work in Moving Objects Databases, and for fundamental contributions to distributed and mobile systems” (2009)
- Fellow of the Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) ”For his pioneering research in moving object databases and for his fundamental contributions to research in distributed systems” (2001)
- Best vision-paper award, ”Autonomous car and ride sharing: ﬂexible road trains (Vision Paper)”, the 24th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (ACM GIS 2016).
- Best student-paper award, ”Thought Chart: Tracking Dynamic EEG Brain Connectivity with Unsupervised Manifold Learning”, International Conference on Brain Informatics and Health (BIH 2016).
- Best paper runner-up award, ”Large-Scale Dynamic Taxi Ridesharing Service”, the 29th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2013).
- Best paper award, ”Uncertain Range Queries for Necklaces”, 11th International Conference on Mobile Data Management (MDM 2010).
- Best papers award, ”Communication Reduction for Floating Car Data-Based Traﬃc Information Systems”, The Second International Conference on Advanced Geographic Information Systems, Applications, and Services (Geoprocessing 2010).
- Best paper award, ”Opportunistic Resource Exchange in Inter-vehicle Ad Hoc Networks”, Fifth IEEE International Conference on Mobile Data Management (MDM 2004).