Assistant Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
461 Coordinated Science Lab
Selected Articles in Journals
- An Empirical Analysis of Linkability in the Monero Blockchain. Andrew Miller, Malte Moeser, Kevin Lee, Arvind Narayanan. PoPETS. July 2018
Articles in Conference Proceedings
- TxProbe: Discovering Bitcoin's Network Topology Using Orphan Transactions. Sergi Delgado-Segura, Surya Bakshi, Cristina Pérez-Solà, James Litton, Andrew Pachulski, Andrew Miller, and Bobby Bhattacharjee. Financial Cryptography and Data Security. February 2019.
- Sprites and State Channels: Payment Networks that Go Faster than Lightning. Andrew Miller, Iddo Bentov, Surya Bakshi, Ranjit Kumaresan, and Patrick McCorry. Financial Cryptography and Data Security. February 2019.
- Short Paper: I Can’t Believe It’s Not Stake! Resource Exhaustion Attacks on PoS. Sanket Kanjalkar, Joseph Kuo, Yunqi Li, and Andrew Miller. Financial Cryptography and Data Security. February 2019.
- Measuring Ethereum Network Peers. Seoung Kyun Kim, Zane Ma, Siddharth Murali, Joshua Mason, Andrew Miller and Michael Bailey. IMC. 2018.
- Atomically Trading with Roger: Gambling on the success of a hardfork. Patrick McCorry, Ethan Heilman, Andrew Miller. Data Privacy Management, International Workshop on Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain Technology - CBT'17. September 2017
- Instantaneous Decentralized Poker. Iddo Bentov, Ranjit Kumaresan, and Andrew Miller. AsiaCrypt. December 2017.
- Zero-Collateral Lotteries in Bitcoin and Ethereum. Iddo Bentov and Andrew Miller. Security and Privacy on the Blockchain, April 2017.
- SmartCast: An Incentive Compatible Consensus Protocol Using Smart Contracts. Abhiram Kothapalli, Andrew Miller, and Nikita Borisov. To appear, 1st Workshop on Trusted Smart Contracts, April 2017.
- Towards an Accountable Software-Defined Networking Architecture. Benjamin Ujcich, Adam Bates, Andrew Miller, William H. Sanders, NETSOFT 2017.
- The Honey Badger of BFT Protocols. Andrew Miller, Yu Xia, Kyle Croman, Elaine Shi, and Dawn Song. ACM CCS. November 2016
- Hawk: The Blockchain Model of Cryptography and Privacy-Preserving Smart Contracts. Ahmed Kosba, Andrew Miller, Elaine Shi, Zikai Wen, Charalampos Papamanthou. IEEE Security & Privacy (Oakland), May 2016.
- Non-outsourceable Scratch-Off Puzzles to Discourage Bitcoin Mining Coalitions. Andrew Miller, Elaine Shi, Ahmed Kosba, and Jonathan Katz. ACM Computer and Communications Security (CCS), October 2015.
- SoK: Research Perspectives and Challenges for Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies. Joseph Bonneau, Andrew Miller, Jeremy Clark, Arvind Narayanan, Joshua A. Kroll, Edward W. Felten. IEEE Security & Privacy (Oakland), May 2015.
- Permacoin: Repurposing Bitcoin Work for Long-Term Data Preservation. Andrew Miller, Ari Juels, Elaine Shi, Bryan Parno, Jonathan Katz. IEEE Security & Privacy (Oakland), May 2014.
- Authenticated Data Structures, Generically. Andrew Miller, Michael Hicks, Jonathan Katz, Elaine Shi. ACM Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages (POPL). January, 2014. (project webpage)
Public Service Honors
- Distinguished Reviewer Award, IEEE Security & Privacy 2018 (May 22, 2018)
Recent Courses Taught
- CS 374 (ECE 374) - Intro to Algs & Models of Comp
- CS 498 AM3 (CS 498 AM4) - Applied Cryptography
- CS 498 AM4 - Applied Cryptography
- CS 563 (ECE 524) - Advanced Computer Security
- CS 598 AM - Cryptocurrency Security
- ECE 398 SC - Smart Contracts & Blockchain S
- ECE 407 (CS 407) - Cryptography
- ECE 498 AC3 (ECE 498 AC4, ECE 498 AM3, ECE 498 AM4) - Applied Cryptography
- ECE 598 AM - Ideal Funct. in Cryptography