For more information
- PhD in Computer Science, University of Virginia, 2019
- MS in Computer Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 2014.
- BS in Computer Engineering (2011) & Information Technology Engineering (2013), Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran.
- Assistant Professor, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Computer Science, 2021-Present.
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, 2019-2021.
- Wireless Sensing and Communication
- Wireless Embedded Systems
- Cyber-physical Systems
Articles in Conference Proceedings
- R. Sharma, E. Soltanaghai, V. Sarkar, A. Rowe. "Lumos: Detecting and Localizing Unknown IoT Devices in an Untrusted Environment" In 31st USENIX Security Symposium, 2022.
- E. Soltanaghai, A. Prabhakara, A. Balanuta, M. Anderson, S. Kumar, A. Rowe. "mmWave Retro-Reflectors for Long Range Localization in Autonomous Driving." In In Proceedings of the 27th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom), 2022.
- E. Soltanaghai, A. Dongare, A. Prabhakara, S. Kumar, A. Rowe, K. Whitehouse. "TagFi: Locating Ultra-Low Power WiFi Tags Using Unmodified WiFi Infrastructure." In ACM on Interactive, Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Technologies (IMWUT), 2021.
- E. Soltanaghai, R. Sharma, Z. Wang, A. Chittilappilly, A. Luong, E. Giler, K. Hall, S. Elias, A. Rowe. "Robust and Practical WiFi Human Sensing Using On-device Learning with a Domain Adaptive Model." In Buildsys, 2020.
- A. Kalyanaraman, E. Soltanaghai, K. Whitehouse. "Doorpler: A radar-based system for real-time, low power zone occupancy sensing". In IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS), 2019.
- E. Soltanaghai, A. Kalyanaraman, K. Whitehouse. "Multipath triangulation: Decimeter-level wifi localization and orientation with a single unaided receiver." In Proceedings of the 16th annual international conference on mobile systems, applications, and services (MobiSys), 2018.
- E. Soltanaghai, Kamin Whitehouse. "Walksense: Classifying home occupancy states using walkway sensing." In Proceedings of the 3rd ACM International Conference on Systems for Energy-Efficient Built Environments (BuildSys), 2016.
- Named one of the 10 N2Women Rising Star Women Worldwide (2021 )
- Recipient of ACM SIGMOBILE Dissertation Award (2020)
- EECS Rising Stars (2019)
Recent Courses Taught
- CS 598 EKS - Smart cities, homes, & beyond