OPT Training Process
Primary Contact: Mary Beth Kelley
OPT is for graudate students who are on an F-1 visa and wish to complete one year of practical on the job training after graduation. In order to start the OPT training paperwork, students must follow the steps below.
- Review information available at the International Student Services (ISSS) Office OPT website.
- Submit the OPT request through the ISSS electronic portal (iStart e-form).
- The CS Academic Office serves as the "Official Advisor" when it comes to applying for OPT training. The Academic Office will
- Verify student has the degree requirements.
- Indicate the student's anticipated graduation date.
- Sign the form.
It is recommended that students plan at least 90 days in advance when applying for OPT training.