Application Process for Current CS @ ILLINOIS Graduate Students
Current CS @ ILLINOIS graduate students should apply to the PhD degree program by submitting the Curriculum Change form.
Applications must be submitted by the posted application deadline.
Along with the Curriculum Change form, students applying to the PhD program must submit the following items:
- A detailed "Statement of Purpose" that includes your background and why you want to complete a CS graduate degree.
- Two letters of recommendation. One of these letters should be from a CS faculty member willing to serve as your advisor and support your research.
- Current CV or resume, including any publications.
- Please complete the CS Interest form.
- International students applying to the Ph.D. program are highly recommended to obtain a passing speak score on the TOEFL iBT, IELTS, or the University of Illinois EPI exam. This will strengthen your application.
Where to Submit Your Application
Application materials, including letters of recommendation, can be submitted electronically (as PDF files) to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered as paper copies to 1210 Siebel Center.