For More Information
Dakshita Khurana is an Assistant Professor of Computer Science. She works in Cryptography and related topics in Privacy, Security and Theoretical Computer Science. She obtained her PhD from UCLA, under the fantastic supervision of Prof. Rafail Ostrovsky and Prof. Amit Sahai.
She was recently a Google Research Fellow at the Simons Institute, Berkeley, and was names to Forbes List of 30 under 30 in Science. She has previously received the 2017-18 Dissertation Year Fellowship, the 2017-18 UCLA CS Outstanding Graduating Ph. D. Student Award, 2017-18 Symantec Outstanding Graduate Student Research Award, and the 2016-17 Cisco Outstanding Graduate Student Research Award.
Graduate Research Opportunities
I am looking for motivated students. Please apply and email me if you are interested in working with me.
- Theoretical Computer Science
- UCLA CS Outstanding Graduating PhD Student Award. (2017 – 18 )
- Google Research Fellow at Simons Institute, Berkeley. (2019 – 20)
- Forbes 30 under 30, Science category. (2020)
- Paper awarded Long Plenary Talk (best paper equivalent) at Quantum Information Processing QIP’21. (2021)
Recent Courses Taught
- CS 374 AL1 (CS 374 AL2, ECE 374 AL1, ECE 374 AL2) - Intro to Algs & Models of Comp
- CS 498 AC3 (CS 498 AC4, CS 498 QC3, CS 498 QCG, CS 498 QCU) - Intro to Quantum Computing
- CS 507 - Topics in Cryptography
- CS 598 CTO (CS 598 DK) - Special Topics in Cryptography
- ECE 407 (CS 407) - Cryptography
- ECE 498 AC3 (ECE 498 AC4) - Applied Cryptography