Yee Man (Margaret) Ng
For more information
Ng is a media researcher with certified industrial training (Galvanize) in data science and database tools. Her research areas include journalism, communication technology, and social media. Methodologically, she takes a hybrid approach that combines big data, machine learning, as well as survey, and experimental research on media platforms. Her current research seeks to extend the diffusion of innovations theory by studying social media users’ post-adoption behavior and examining the mechanisms that drive user discontinuance and readoption.
During her doctoral study, Ng was an advanced analytics intern at Pew Research Center’s Data Labs and a developer for the UT Computational Media Lab. Before earning a Ph.D., Ng worked as a news artist at National Geographic Magazine and The Seattle Times and a data reporter for The Center for Public Integrity.
- Computational Social Science, Social Media Analytics, Data Visualizations
- JOUR 199 - Hands-on Media Technology
- JOUR 200 - Introduction to Journalism
- JOUR 425 - Multimedia Editing and Design
- JOUR 460 - Data Storytelling
- JOUR 460 - Data Visualization