For More Information
Dakshita Khurana is an Assistant Professor of Computer Science. She works in Cryptography and related topics in Privacy, Security and Theoretical Computer Science. She obtained her PhD from UCLA, under the fantastic supervision of Prof. Rafail Ostrovsky and Prof. Amit Sahai.
She was recently a Google Research Fellow at the Simons Institute, Berkeley, and was names to Forbes List of 30 under 30 in Science. She has previously received the 2017-18 Dissertation Year Fellowship, the 2017-18 UCLA CS Outstanding Graduating Ph. D. Student Award, 2017-18 Symantec Outstanding Graduate Student Research Award, and the 2016-17 Cisco Outstanding Graduate Student Research Award.
Graduate Research Opportunities
I am looking for motivated students. Please apply and email me if you are interested in working with me.
- Security and Privacy
- Theory and Algorithms
- On the list of Teachers Ranked as Excellent for Spring 2023 at UIUC (2023 )
- On the list of Teachers Ranked as Excellent for Fall 2022 at UIUC (2022 )
- On the List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent for Spring 2021 at UIUC (2021)
- On the List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent for Fall 2019 at UIUC (2019)
- NSF CAREER Award: Cryptographic Proofs, Outside the Black-Box (2023)
- IIT Delhi Graduate of Last Decade (GOLD) Alumni Award (2022)
- Visa Faculty Research Award (2021)
- On the list of Forbes 30 under 30 in Science (2020)
- UCLA CS Outstanding Graduating PhD Student Award (2018 )
Recent Courses Taught
- CS 374 AL1 (CS 374 AL2, ECE 374 AL1, ECE 374 AL2) - Intro to Algs & Models of Comp
- CS 498 AC3 (CS 498 AC4, CS 498 QC3, CS 498 QCG, CS 498 QCU) - Intro to Quantum Computing
- CS 507 - Topics in Cryptography
- CS 598 CTO (CS 598 DK) - Special Topics in Cryptography
- ECE 407 (CS 407) - Cryptography
- ECE 498 AC3 (ECE 498 AC4) - Applied Cryptography