Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates
In the 10-week long Illinois Computer Science Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU), students work with Illinois faculty mentors and graduate students over the summer to get an introduction to computer science research. This is an outstanding opportunity for aspiring scientists and faculty to learn from leading experts in computer science.
The Illinois CS REU program includes an end-of-summer research symposium for participants to show off their work, as well as weekly seminars covering research skills, presentation skills, information about graduate school, and how to apply for graduate studies.
The University of Illinois is one of the nation’s leading public land-grant universities, home to a top-5 CS graduate program with a rich history in computing and the nation’s premier academic supercomputer, Blue Waters.
Illinois CS REU Session Dates: May 28 - August 2, 2019
On-campus housing for Illinois Computer Science REU participants is available through University Housing.
- Rates (including tax) are $32.60 per person per day for a shared room or $49.82 per day for a single room starting on June 2nd.
- Participants may reserve space by completing this form: https://forms.illinois.edu/sec/8467652
- Note that, despite what this form says, housing for REU students is not available until June 2nd.
- When the form asks what conference you are attending, please enter "Computer Science Summer Research"
Parking is not included and must be arranged separately with the Illinois Parking Department.
Other Computing-Related REUs at the University of Illinois:
- C3SR-Undergraduate Research in Artificial Intelligence (College of Engineering)
- Illinois Scholars Undergraduate Research Program (College of Engineering) - Apply by April 15, 2019
- INCLUSION (NCSA)