CS @ ILLINOIS Alumni Awards
The Department of Computer Science annually recognizes alumni and faculty members who have made professional, technical, educational, or service contributions that brings distinction to themselves, the department, and the university. We welcome all alumni and friends to be a part of this tradition: nominate someone you know worthy of this honor, and come back to campus to celebrate with each new class. The Awards dinner and ceremony is held each year in conjunction with Homecoming, making it an ideal time to visit campus.
Congratulations to our 2014 honorees:
- Distinguished Alumni Achievement: Steve Chen, Jason Cong, Jawed Karim, Kenichi Miura, Trevor Mudge, Linda Petzold, Parisa Tabriz
- Distinguished Alumni Educators: Lawrence Angrave, Cinda Heeren, Der-Tsai Lee, Franco P. Preparata, Koushik Sen
- Distinguished Alumni Service: Alan M. Braverman, Roy H. Campbell, C. William Gear, Michael T. Heath, Brigid A. Johnson, Duncan Lawrie, Daniel A. Reed, Marc Snir
- C.W. Gear Outstanding Junior Faculty: Derek Hoiem
- David J. Kuck Outstanding Thesis: Siva Kumar S. Hari (PhD), Wenxuan Zhou (MS)
These recipients were recognized at the CS @ ILLINOIS Awards Banquet held October 24, 2014.
2014 CS @ ILLINOIS Award recipients. Seated, from left: Alan M. Braverman, Cinda Heeren, Brigid A. Johnson, Parisa Tabriz, Linda Petzold, and Der-Tsai Lee. Standing, from left: Roy H. Campbell, Siva Kumar S. Hari , Michael T. Heath, C. William Gear, Marc Snir, Trevor Mudge, Kenichi Miura, Daniel A. Reed, Franco P. Preparata, Lawrence Angrave, Jason Cong, and Koushik Sen.