CS @ ILLINOIS Alumni Awards
The Department of Computer Science annually recognizes alumni and faculty members who have made professional, technical, educational, or service contributions that brings distinction to themselves, the department, and the university. We welcome all alumni and friends to be a part of this tradition: nominate someone you know worthy of this honor, and come back to campus to celebrate with each new class. The Awards dinner and ceremony is held each year in conjunction with Homecoming, making it an ideal time to visit campus.
Congratulations to our 2015 honorees:
- Distinguished Alumni Achievement: Rick Cattell, Jackson Hu, Pete Koomen, Lynn Reedy, Russell Simmons
- Distinguished Alumni Educator: Nancy Amato, Luis Ceze, Apu Kapadia, Paul Saylor
- Distinguished Alumni Service: Bill Dunn, Dave Paola
- C.W. Gear Outstanding Junior Faculty: Paris Smaragdis
- David J. Kuck Outstanding Thesis: John Criswell (PhD), Cosmin Radoi (MS)
These recipients will be recognized at the CS @ ILLINOIS Awards Banquet on October 23, 2015.
2014 CS @ ILLINOIS Award recipients. Seated, from left: Alan M. Braverman, Cinda Heeren, Brigid A. Johnson, Parisa Tabriz, Linda Petzold, and Der-Tsai Lee. Standing, from left: Roy H. Campbell, Siva Kumar S. Hari , Michael T. Heath, C. William Gear, Marc Snir, Trevor Mudge, Kenichi Miura, Daniel A. Reed, Franco P. Preparata, Lawrence Angrave, Jason Cong, and Koushik Sen.