CS @ ILLINOIS Alumni Awards
The Department of Computer Science annually recognizes alumni and faculty members who have made professional, technical, educational, or service contributions that brings distinction to themselves, the department, and the university. We welcome all alumni and friends to be a part of this tradition: nominate someone you know worthy of this honor, and come back to campus to celebrate with each new class. The Awards dinner and ceremony is held each year in conjunction with Homecoming, making it an ideal time to visit campus.
Congratulations to our 2014 honorees:
- Distinguished Alumni Achievement: Steve Chen, Jason Cong, Jawed Karim, Kenichi Miura, Trevor N. Mudge, Linda R. Petzold, Parisa M. Tabriz
- Distinguished Alumni Educators: Lawrence C. Angrave, Cinda Heeren, Der-Tsai Lee, Franco P. Preparata, Koushik Sen
- Distinguished Alumni Service: Alan M. Braverman, Roy H. Campbell, C. W. Gear, Michael T. Heath, Brigid A. Johnson, Duncan H. Lawrie, Daniel A. Reed, Marc Snir
- C.W. Gear Outstanding Junior Faculty: Derek Hoiem
- David J. Kuck Outstanding Thesis: Siva Kumar S. Hari (PhD), Wenxuan Zhou (MS)
These recipients were recognized at the CS @ ILLINOIS Awards Banquet held October 24, 2014.
2013 CS @ ILLINOIS Alumni Awards Winners. Seated, from left: Jed Taylor, Shan Lu, Sandra Rankin, H. George Friedman, and William Kubitz. Standing, from left: Mehdi Harandi, Channing Brown, Sam Kamin, Dennis Mickunas, Steven LaValle, CS Department Head Rob Rutenbar, Milos Ercegovac, and Svetlana Lazebnik.